What is Abseiling?
Abseiling or rappelling is going down with the aid of ropes and belay devices.
What is Via Ferrata?
A Via Ferrata is a steel cable attached to the rock where we clip onto twice to traverse in safety. There are 2 Via Ferratas inside the mountain and 1 on top of the mountain.
What is Easy Climbing?
Easy Climbing is a 30 meter very easy climbing route, like a tough scramble. You are belayed by a guide from above for maximum safety. As you climb (scramble) upwards, we keep the rope that holds you tight. There is no fall factor whatsover.
What is the difference between Toprope and Lead Climbing?
Toprope means the ropes are already hanging through the anchor above. On 1 end the climber is climbing stress-free and on the other end the belayer is belaying (keeping the rope tight). There is no fall factor.
Lead climbing means there are no ropes hanging through the anchor above. While climbing, the climber clips quickdraws into the bolts and threads the rope through the quickdraw, exposing the climber to a fall-factor. This is not stress-free.
It's raining? It's so hot! Now what?
We organize our tours all year round! The caves provide cool air and shade during the hot season, as well as shelter from the rain in rainy season. The occasional storm or shower has no influence at all. Only a few times a year, when there is continuous rainfall for days on end, parts of the tours can’t be performed and a proportional refund is applied. Tours can’t be cancelled due to rain. It needs a typhoon for us to close shop, in that case we will fully reimburse your booking.
Bear in mind:
- Most rainfall is very local. While it’s raining at your guesthouse the sun is shining over the mountain.
- Limestone rock dries incredibly fast. It only takes 10 minutes.
- Most of our climbing and caving related activities are sheltered from the heavy rain and sun.
- This is the tropics! A rare and unexpected shower might get you wet. We’ll make sure your valuables stay dry!
Cancellation Policy and Deposits?
For non-group bookings
- The total sum of a booking minus booking costs is fully reimbursed if cancelled more than 48 hours prior to the tour.
- The total sum of a booking is not reimbursed if cancelled less than 48 prior to the tour.
- The total sum of a booking is not reimbursed if people decide to cancel last minute, at the start or during the tour.
- If you’d wake up unwell and not fit enough to do the tour you can reschedule for next day. If you’d leave next day we’ll reimburse half of the total sum, given a warning of your inability to make it to the climbing site prior to the tour in the morning due to sickness. This courtesy does not apply for accompanying people.
For group bookings
- The total sum of a booking minus booking costs is fully reimbursed if cancelled more than 7 days prior to the tour.
- The total sum of a booking minus booking costs is reimbursed by half if cancelled more than 4 days prior to the tour.
- The total sum of a booking is not reimbursed if cancelled less than 4 days prior to the tour.
- There is no reimbursement for people who decide to cancel last minute, at the start or during the tour.
- If there are people who wake up unwell and not fit enough to do the tour ,we’ll reimburse half of that person’s payment, given a warning of the inability to make it to the climbing site prior to the tour in the morning due to sickness.
- Apart from booking our tours online, a deposit of minimum half the total amount is sufficient to confirm a booking.
- Deposits can be made by Paypal, Wing and ABA Bank transfer.
- Independent Climbers are asked a valid ID, passport or driver’s license as a deposit for any Gear Rental.
- No gear can be taken back to the hotel in case of multiple day rental. All gear is safely stored at the mountain.